What are the benefits?
- The MS Research Portal is a central resource which provides information about Canadian MS research in a clear and easily understandable format.
- By providing this information to people with MS, we hope to raise awareness of MS research efforts in Canada to improve recruitment and retention to research projects.
- This information will help people with MS decide whether they want to participate in a research trial, and if they are eligible.
What information is included on the MS Research Portal?
- A summary of quality of life research projects seeking participants with MS in Canada.
- Description of the research project and/or trial.
- Recruitment start date and estimated closing date of the project/trial.
- Key eligibility and exclusion criteria.
- Canadian location(s) of the research project/trial.
- Chief investigator of the trial and/or the organizations funding, supporting or managing the projects/trials.
- Contact information of research coordinator for prospective participants.
Pharmaceutical company trials are not included in the MS Society of Canada Research Portal, however we will continue to share the link to clinicaltrials.gov which does include pharmaceutical trials, as well as other trials taking place in Canada, USA and internationally.
The trial summaries on the MS Society website are regularly reviewed to ensure that the information remains accurate and up to date. As soon as we are aware of a trial that has closed recruitment, the trial listing will be removed from the database.
If you are conducting an MS research project and/or trial in Canada, and you seeking participants, please contact the MS Society of Canada research department at: email@example.com or 1-866-922-6065.